Music Interest Floor Practice Room - Rules and FAQs
Location: 10th Floor of Wilder (upstairs, either staircase) Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 12am, Sat 10am - 12am, Sun 10am - 10pm. No using the drum set after 10 pm! Contact: Practice Room Coordinator: Rose Mournighan (email@example.com)
1. Sign up for a timeslot at musicinterestfloor.net/practice-room. You must reserve a timeslot if you are a non-MIF user! This allows both the user and the Music Interest Floor (MIF) to agree to a set of terms and agreements.
2. Sign out the key (located in suite 930 hanging on the side of the bookshelf). Return it when you’re done. You must sign out the key so that MIF and others know exactly who is responsible for the key at that time. Be careful, the practice room door locks automatically, so keep the key on your person at all times!
3. Single users: maximum 1.5 hours per day; Groups: max of 2 hours per day.
4. No food or drink (aside from water). It is a carpeted space with musical equipment, enough said.
5. Be respectful: to the equipment, other users, residents of Wilder Tower, etc. All of the equipment and repairs are provided and paid for by the Music Interest Floor. Please help us keep things working by using them appropriately, and by putting things back where they belong when you’re done.
6. As stated above, no percussion past 10pm (see rule 5).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Where’s the bathroom? - The closest public bathroom is in the basement of Wilder, directly across from the elevators.
What if the key is locked in the room? - Tell a MIF member who is on the 9th floor, and contact the Practice Room Coordinator. Please call Public Safety so that they can come unlock the room.
There’s a leak, a spill, something is missing, ah!? - Contact the Practice Room Coordinator immediately, and let a MIF member on the 9th floor know.
What’s MIF? - Good question, the Music Interest Floor is the organization that hosts the practice room, among many other fun events! Find out more or how to join by asking one of us on the 9th floor, or check out the rest of this website!
When you come up to Wilder 9 to use the practice room, follow the signs in front of the elevator; they'll direct you to the lounge in which we keep the Practice Room key. Sign out the key and then head up the stairs to the practice room. Make sure you don't leave the key IN the room, as our door automatically locks!!!
Questions? Feel free to contact our Practice Room Coordinator: Rose Mournighan (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you want to a set-up weekly time slot for a group, please contact our Practice Room Coordinator!
What is gallery940?
gallery940 is the premiere impromptu art gallery of the University of Rochester founded in 2013. It is located in Wilder 940, located on the Music Interest Floor. It all began when a small group of students created the first art piece titled "Mobile", a perfectly balanced arrangement of coat hangers. This brought about the realization that quick thinking can bring out the brightest ideas. Thus, gallery940 was created.
Each of our art pieces are submitted by current students and alumni. Over the past year, the gallery has grown and we continue to add to our gallery. We believe that with five minutes or less, any person can enter the modern art world and be a true creator.
Gallery showings are held are the discretion of the current curators.
For further information about submissions, visits, general questions, or to view current pieces, check out our website here